.

Thursday, July 18, 2019

My Grandmother’s Eulogy Essay

On behalf of Sngh’s family I would like to thank you for coming today to share in our sorrow, but also to share in our joy as we celebrate grandmother’s wonderful life. There is no doubt that we are the luckiest seven grandkids who got a chance to share our life with an amazing person like my grandmother (Baljinder Kaur). To me my grandma was not a just a typical old grandmother who bosses around and order us. To me she was my shopping buddy, cooking partner and not forget my gossip pal. There are so many things I will miss of hers†¦ 1.Her doing ardas every time any of us going away 2.Every evening doing path †¦so loud that you can hear her if you are in the basement. 3.Her making kadi chawal for me There are so many beautiful memories I have of her which I will cherish rest of my life. One of salok for gurbani that dadi ji used to recite Chinta taki kijiye, jo anhoni hoye†¦ Ihe marg sansar ko Nanik thir nahin koye 🙂 Worry only about something that has never happened, In this world O Nanak, there is nothing for ever†¦. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0Kc7_QCgZk One of her greatest pleasures was to work out in 2. my grandmother that I saw, and I know we all saw, was that she was independent. Some would call it strong-willed, some would even call it stubborn. But truly, it was her unending independent spirit which made will so strong, and caused her to be so stubborn. 3. Death is a mysterious gift. It brings loved ones together, by separating them from the ones they love. We’ve all been brought together today because of our love for my Grandmother, and all those whose lives she’s touched. Her passing is a gift. Just as her life was a gift. No one wants to think about their own mortality, but we all know we’re not getting out of this thing alive. A death in the family is just another wake up call, reminding us that we only have a short while on this Earth. The amount of time we have here can never be known, and death is nature’s way of reminding us not to squander the time that we have. My Grandmother was fortunate. She spent 87 years here, most of which were spent in good health.

No comments:

Post a Comment